TERMS & CONDITIONS OF DETOUR
Detour acts only as an agent for the various independent suppliers that provide hotel accommodations, transportation, sightseeing, activities, or other services connected with this tour. Such services are subject to the terms and conditions of those suppliers. Detour, LLC and their respective employees, agents, representatives, and assigns accept no liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or any other incident which may be caused by the negligence, defect, default of any company or person in performing these services. Responsibility is not accepted for losses, injury, damages or expenses of any kind due to sickness, weather, strikes, hostilities, wars, terrorist acts, acts of nature, local laws, or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws and regulations of the country in which they are provided. Detour, LLC is not responsible for any baggage or personal effects of any individual participating in the tours /trips arranged by Detour, LLC. Individual travelers are responsible for purchasing a travel insurance policy, if desired, that will cover some of the expenses associated with the loss of luggage or personal effects.
If you cancel the trip at any point after confirmation, you will forfeit a $100 per person handling fee to Detour. This is separate and in addition to the fees, deposits, and payments potentially owed to the tour operator (see information below).
If you decide to make any changes to your trip (changes to your itinerary, travel dates, tours, or accommodations) after it is booked, you will incur a $50 change fee per person, per change. Unavoidable changes (such as those imposed by an international flight schedule change) will not incur this fee. Adding on services before or after your confirmed tour will not incur this fee.
Rate Changes to Domestic Flights, Park Entrance Fees, Government Taxes and Fuel Surcharges:
The rates for all these items are subject to change at any point and these fees or fee changes can be imposed on any trip, even after a trip has been confirmed and paid for in full. These rate changes are beyond the control of Detour or our local operating partners. Oftentimes, these changes are imposed by government decree and take effect immediately. While this is a rare occurrence and the rate changes themselves are typically quite small, these changes are unpredictable and sometimes unavoidable. Travelers are responsible for any additional costs or fees due to these rate changes, even after the trip is paid in full.
Checking Your Passport Expiration Date:
Some governments, notably Ecuador’s and Peru’s, require that your passport is valid for at least six months after you depart the country. Other countries require your passport to be valid for three months after you depart the country.
It is your responsibility as a traveler to check the entry/exit regulations of the country you are traveling to and to check our passport expiration date to ensure it is valid for your dates of travel.
Passports and Traveler Details:
Passengers are responsible for sending up-to-date and correct information that is requested in the “Trip Reservation Form.” If any of those details change, it is the passenger’s responsibility to notify Detour of the change before the trip departure. If you need to renew your passport prior to your trip, you must notify Detour that you will be renewing your passport and you will have to email a scanned copy of both your old and new passports to Detour. Additionally, you will have to bring both passports with you on your trip. Please make sure that you request to receive your old passport at the start of the renewal process.
Airport transfer rates are based on group size with the assumption that all travelers will be taking the same transfer. If some travelers in your personal group arrive or depart on different days or at different times, additional airport transfers will have to be booked and the passenger is responsible for this additional cost.
ANDEAN LODGES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cancellations or Modifications
· Trip Confirmation – 31 days before trip start date: No penalty
· 30 days – 10 days before trip start date: 20% of the trip costs are non-refundable
· 9 days – trip start date: 100% of the trip costs are non-refundable. In addition, we will add 18% VAT tax to that amount.
Our tours ́ prices do not include travel insurance.
We recommend that our clients should purchase a travel insurance that provides medical transportation, in case of emergency.
Usually, insurances provide financial compensation, refunds and/or other benefits, in case the trip is cancelled, delayed or if luggage is lost or delayed.
Any unused portion of a reconfirmed booking, will not be refunded (We suggest you to become affiliated to a travel insurance).
We must receive the valid coverage ́s documentation, prior to emitting your trip ́s confirmation. The customer must take their travel insurance policy along, together with their travel documents.
In case of emergency, neither Andean Lodges, nor any member of our team will be responsible for assuming the expenses the insurance policy does not cover.
When purchasing an insurance, the client must let the insurance broker know about the kind of trip they are about to go on.
Health and Physical Aptitude
Being in good physical shape, before the trip, will greatly improve the customers ́ experience. So, please, recommend your clients to visit their physician and dentist, before they set off on their vacations.
If you have any doubt about your physical capacity to complete the trip, we recommend you to go over the itinerary with your practitioner. Agencies must send details about pre-existing medical conditions, to Andean Lodges.
The trip ́s leader, trained in first aid, will take a first-aid kit along, as well as a SPOT Messenger, for eventual evacuation cases. Staff trained to attend serious problems is scarcely accessible in the remote areas we will visit. Therefore, an evacuation might take time and be difficult.
The trip ́s leader has the right to disqualify any participant, at any time, during the trip, for being physically or mentally incapable of concluding it, or for endangering the group ́s safety.
You understand and accept that, when participating to the tour, your client might expose him or herself to inherent dangers. Among these, there are the dangers of travelling in remote areas and on high mountains, as well as accidents or illnesses in remote places, without any medical services. There also are those inherent to nature ́s forces, dangers of war or civil insurrection, and dangers inherent to travelling by air, water or land, by different means of transportation, as well as other dangers inherent to that type of trips.
Unforeseen Acts of God
The Company cannot be held responsible for Acts of God, fortuitous and unforeseeable events, referring to climatic, geographic and social issues, or of any other sort, that make it impossible to offer the service.
If any of the above-mentioned suppositions should arise, the Company has the power to suspend the trek, and to take the necessary actions, to safeguard the participants ́ lives.
The Customer’s Obligations
The customer must:
• Follow the guides ́ instructions, and not move away from the group, during the trek.
• Respect all travel group members (excursionists and Andean Lodges ́ technical team).
• Take care of the environment (flora and fauna), avoiding throwing trash along the route, make fire, hunt animals and any other of environmental alteration or pollution.
• Respect the cultural expressions of the communities to be visited, avoiding to interfere in the normal development of daily activities of native people, along the “Camino del Apu Ausangate”.
• Take care of the tambos ́ (lodges) installations, at their service.
• Not to leave the tambos (lodges), unless accompanied by one of the guides.
• Not to consume drugs, meta-amphetamines, corticoids, stupefying and other hallucinogenic drugs or elements that alter their good judgement and mental state, during the trek, as doing so could put their own life, as well as that of the rest of the group, in danger.
• Acquire all necessary gear to go on the trek.
The present document ́s previous reading is mandatory, to make a contract with the Company Camino del Apu Ausangate SCRL, “Andean Lodges”.
It is each agency ́s liability to make sure that the client who participates in the program should be aware of the information established in the present document.
Upon their booking ́s confirmation, the customer declares their conformity and adhesion to the company ́s terms and conditions.
Causes for Contract Termination
The contract, celebrated with the Company Camino del Apu Ausangate SCRL, “Andean Lodges”, will be automatically terminated, in the following cases:
• That the customer who participates in the program ignores or does not adhere to rules, established in the present document.
• That the customer ́s conduct, while participating in the program, should put his/her life or that of other people in the group, at risk.
In cases of contract termination, there is no refund whatsoever.
Freedom of Contract Making
The supplier reserves the right to make contracts; that is, the faculty of celebrating a contract or not to do so, as well as to determine whom it hires, in accordance with what Article 62 of Peru ́s Political Constitution prescribes.
• There are 8 double rooms per lodge, for a maximum of 16 participants per outing.
• If the agency or customer does not make the payment corresponding to the booking, we will automatically cancel the latter.
• Any confirmation, reconfirmation and modification must receive our approval answer; otherwise, it is not valid.
• BOOKINGS ARE NOT ENDORSABLE.
• The guide has the faculty to modify the itinerary, or to suspend it, given the climatic conditions or other Acts of God that could endanger the customers ́ safety.
• All itineraries are subject to changes, due to weather conditions, plane or train delays and other Acts of God.
• All indicated schedules are approximate, and are subject to changes, as well.
• We cannot be responsible for illnesses, accidents, destroyed luggage, transportation cancellation, natural disasters or any other factor beyond our control.
OUR POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, WITHOUT PREVIOUS NOTICE.