WHY THIS TRIP
Hike the best trails around Cusco, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, and then enter Machu Picchu on foot via the Gate of the Sun on the 1-Day Inca Trail Trek. Each day you will hike along little known Inca Trails and learn about the fascinating cultures of Peru, both past and present.
These moderate hikes show you all the main sites of the area, but allow you to walk away from the crowds and see the real Peru that lies beyond. At the end of each day you can relax in comfortable local hotels. World-class guides will enhance your understanding of what you are seeing, giving you a very complete Inca Peru experience.
Then to one of the most remote rainforest lodges in South America, the Tambopata Research Center (TRC). The TRC is a comfortable lodge which was built with the object of lodging tourists and researchers alike and of protecting the adjacent macaw clay lick, one of the largest in the world.
The TRC’s isolated location, inside an uninhabited area of the Tambopata National Reserve and next to the Bahajua-Sonene National Park, means that the rainforest ecosystem around it remains pristine, while the populations of wild animals are all at carrying capacity.
- Arrive to Machu Picchu on foot via the Gate of the Sun, even if permits are sold out for the full Inca Trail trek
- Hiking on Inca trails
- Exploring the popular and lesser know Inca sites with your knowledgeable local guide
- Relaxing each night at a comfortable hotel
- Early morning and a full day at Machu Picchu
- Experiencing the culture of Peru, both past and present
- Stay at one of the most remote rainforest lodges in South America
- Visit one of the largest macaw clay licks in the world
- Jungle hikes with top notch naturalist guides
- Talk with biologists, botanists, ecologists and other experts staying at the TRC while they do fieldwork.
LOCAL PROVIDER: AMAZONAS EXPLORER
For more than 30 years Amazonas Explorer has used a different approach in leading high-quality trips and adventures in South America. While the company had its beginnings in adventure tourism, its success in building a strong team of knowledgeable guides has enhanced its ability to offer a range of innovative cultural tours.
By raft, bike, foot, horse and even paddle board, travelers are immersed in their surroundings to explore in unique ways the highlights of southern Peru, the company’s home turf. Every adventure with Amazonas Explorer is treated with impeccable care and top-notch services, all focused on the client’s comfort and safety.