WHY THIS TRIP
- Apu Salkantay is one of the tallest mountains in the area, and was considered a god by the Incas. This trek offers stunning views of the Andes peaks.
- Dramatic changes of scenery and ecosystems. You’ll trek from the dry side of the mountains, hike along glacial lakes to a 15,000ft (4600m) pass, and then descend into the cloudforest and high jungle.
- You get a unique view of Machu Picchu. On the last day of the trek, you’ll arrive at the Inca ruins of Llactapata, and from here you can see the back side of Machu Picchu.
- Award-winning guides and first rate equipment
- Arriving in Cusco a few days before the start of the Salkantay Trek, and doing warm up hikes in the Cusco and Sacred Valley area, is a great way to acclimatize and get a taste for the history and culture of the Incas.
LOCAL OPERATOR: AMAZONAS EXPLORER
For more than three decades Amazonas Explorer has led high-quality trips and alternative adventures throughout South America. Based in Cusco, its professionally trained guides, cooks and support crew bring their passion and skills to the travelers they serve and, in turn, build rewarding careers for themselves. This talented staff of local experts is focused on providing you with safe and comfortable adventures, all centered on making your holiday as memorable as possible.
There are no reviews yet.