WHY THIS TRIP
Introducing our new 8-day Yoga and Wellness Experience to Machu Picchu—a combination of exhilarating hikes, wellness workshops, and focused yoga practices—along with unique, meaningful cultural immersion and interaction with our Andean neighbors for a holistic journey like no other.
Travel through the magical Sacred Valley of the Incas and stunning remote Lares region of Cusco as you make your way to Machu Picchu. You will begin each day with an invigorating yoga practice before heading out on exciting hikes and cultural excursions.
As you set your intentions for the journey and align them with the sacred energy from these ancient lands, you will feel a new connection to Pachamama (‘Mother Earth’) and understand how and why the Quechua people from these remote villages maintain the age-old traditions of their Inca forbears.
Workshops on an array of topics from Andean ‘superfoods’ to Ayurvedic principles round out this experience for a true exploration of the Circle of Life.
YOGA & WELLNESS LEADER: SANDRA GALLEGOS
We are pleased to introduce Sandra Gallegos, our new MLP Yoga and Wellness Leader. During the past 14 years, she has been both a devoted yoga practitioner and teacher, and three years ago opened her own studio dedicated to Ashtanga Yoga as well as ‘Integral Health’ coaching.
Sandra also brings an in-depth knowledge of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Nutrition, having studied with notable experts in India and beyond. Her experience, dedication, and holistic approach to mind/body wellness will ensure the trip of a lifetime for our guests.
Name: Sandra Gallegos
From: Lima, Peru
Mom to: Kailani, age 7
- Business Administration degree completed in Amsterdam, Holland
- 2004: Began practicing yoga
- 2005: Earned post-graduate degree in International Tourism, Australia
- 2013: Earned Ashtanga Yoga certification through AYP
- 2014: Studied Ashtanga Yoga and Ayurveda & Ayurvedic Nutrition at K.Pattabhi Ashtanga Yoga Institute (KPJAYI), Mysore, India
- 2014: Studied Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Nutrition with Dr. Chitrah Lekha at Mysore Ayurveda Retreat, Mysore, India
- 2015: Opened Yoga studio DAYS Yoga and Health Coaching, Lima, Peru
- 2016: Completed the ‘Integrative Health Coaching’ course at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN), New York, NY
- Languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese, and basic Indonesian
LOCAL OPERATOR: MOUNTAIN LODGES OF PERU
The goal of Mountain Lodges of Peru is to provide its guests with the service, comfort and safety they need to be able to freely explore and enjoy nature, culture, history and like-minded souls.
For more than 10 years, Mountain Lodges of Peru has hosted guests at its mountain lodges with top-quality service backed with a three-fold philosophy: cultural authenticity and access, remoteness in comfort and style, and exceed expectations.
At Mountain Lodges of Peru, local natives are included in day-day operations, many of whom share their customs and learn how to be industry professionals by learning the business of hosting guests with outstanding service.
Mountain Lodges of Peru has taken an active role in the socioeconomic development of the communities to which it neighbor, creating an NGO named Yanapana Peru, which strives to elevate the level of education for more than 150 families in the area and to give an incentive to the local population to take an active role in the development of tourism in the area.